Saturday, January 8, 2011

There is more to India than meets the eye !

There is more to India than meets the eye! I found out on my first encounter with this enigmatic country. The country never ceases to surprise its visitors with its natural grandeur, customs and traditions, an effervescent culture and warmth of its people. It took me far less to fall in love with the country!

Like many others, a date with the Taj Mahal, an astounding architectural marvel unimaginable in the 17th century left me spell bound. Mere glimpse of this grand mausoleum built in white marble where Mumtaz Mahal lies entombed with Shah Jahan, the emperor of India who built it, leaves you wondering about the profundity of their love. I encountered more grandeur as I completed the sightseeing tours of Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Agra, and Fatehpur Sikri.

Having heard a lot about the soothing and comforting Ayurvedic message at a resort in Kerala, I decided to go for it. The immense relaxation which I was till now alien to caused me to wonder how these fifteenth century treatments could heal 21st century stresses.

India, as I realized is one place where new experiences would awaken your spirit and enrich your mind, body and soul.

The travel and tourism industry of India is growing in a fast pace that never expected before. Even recently a huge decline in airfares of airlines has attracted thousands of international travellers to take flights to India. The Common Wealth game in Delhi at 2010 has made it in the list of top travel destinations to visit in 2010. The ever growing commercial sector of India has become the hub of many outsourcing businesses. But there’s more than what meets the eye. Visit the land of world’s most powerful democratic country and find it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment